Process Line Expansions
Delivery Method: Design-Bid-Build
Location: Blacksburg, South Carolina
Services Provided: Preconstruction and Detailed Design
O'Neal provided Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) services for a new semi-works plant for Milliken's Chemical Division. The facility is a new batch process located at their existing Cypress Plant in Blacksburg, South Carolina.
O'Neal was responsible for the following:
- New tanks, pumps, heat exchangers, filters and other ancillary equipment as required
- Modification to existing electrical room to house the new motor control center (MCC), heat trace panels and PLC cabinet.
- New pipe bridge connecting to the existing bridge to provide access and support for the new process area piping and electrical systems.
- In order to meet an aggressive start-up schedule, O'Neal provided on-site construction scheduling and engineering support services critical to completing the various turnover packages.
- A 3-D model of the new equipment, piping, and support structure was generated. This provided an effective review tool for Millikens plant and maintenance personnel as well as the mechanical and electrical contractors.
- A collaborative web site provided an effective means of communication and sharing of project files between the owner, O'Neal and the contractors. Items posted included schedule, status reports, construction drawings, vendor drawings and operating manuals. The 3-D model was also posted to the web site for full team access.